1st Annual Touch of Dutch
Business Window Decorating Contest
Let’s get a little friendly and fun competition going among our businesses.
Create a fun, Dutch-themed retail window display to attract shoppers to your store! Enter the 1st annual Touch of Dutch Window Display Contest and, as a community, let’s generate excitement for the annual Touch of Dutch events on August 13th! This contest is a great way to increase traffic to your store during festival time and to take pride in the fun and festive time in our beautiful town. We want to drive traffic to our town, what better way than to shout it from the Facebook rooftops!?
Our goal is to bring shoppers (a.k.a. voters) to our town to shop door-to-door and to get them excited to return for the Touch of Dutch Festival & Parade on Saturday, August 13th.
Your customers will love the growing excitement and give them an opportunity to eventually crown the Best Dutch Dressed business in DeMotte.
➢ Registration Deadline: (EXTENDED) July 29, 2022
➢ Displays Must Be Completed: July 31, 2022
➢ Shoppers’ Judging: August 1 through August 15, 2022
➢ Winners Announced: August 19th
Prizes & Judging: All displays will be judged solely by the residents/customers. You will need to display a sealed box for ballots
- 1st place: One year membership to the DeMotte Chamber of Commerce
- Sweet treats for your entire staff at your decorated location
- All other participants will receive a photo of your display announcing your participation in the 1st Annual event
Votes this year will be based off Facebook likes and ballot box entries with a valid email address. You can view all the entries on our Facebook Page Album after August 1st. You must provide a sealed ballot box at your location.
Rules & Guidelines:
- You must maintain your display from August 1st through August 15th
- Your display must be in your business window(s) and be visible from the street. You are encouraged to decorate throughout your store too, but the judging will be for only the street visible window(s)
- Suggested items and techniques include, but not limited to: decorated posters, window paint, flowers (tulips are always festive), wooden shoes, lights, etc. use your imagination! This is the first annual, so let’s build some things to remember and build upon!
- The theme of all displays is to be Dutch. Incorporating your business model into the Dutch theme is strongly encouraged. Make it fun, make it memorable, make it DUTCH!
- Get creative with the use of any artistic abilities. Maybe contact the local school art clubs to come out and assist with the decorations!
- All businesses are encouraged to participate, not just Chamber members
- Remember this is a wonderful promotion for all!!!!
We will be coming around on August 1st to take pictures of all the displays to post to the Touch of Dutch Facebook page. We will begin promoting this event immediately to get excitement going for anticipation of the wonderful window creations in downtown. If you have additional photos you would like to send to us, please forward them to email@example.com or text them to Diva at 219-405-6840.
Let’s Get Social! Follow, Share & Post Pictures to our Touch of Dutch Facebook Page
We cannot wait to see the town get decked out in Dutch for the Touch!
To enter the contest, fill out and submit the official form below
Questions? Call or text Diva at 219-405-6840.