The DeMotte Chamber is in search of an Executive Director
POSITION OBJECTIVES AND PURPOSE
The Executive Director is responsible for the strategic planning and direction of the communication and event marketing of the Chamber.
This position also directs the strategic and tactical efforts of the Chamber brand by ensuring its integrity, while leveraging and optimizing it.
This position also assists the President/CEO with support of the Board of Directors. Due to the level of involvement with the Board of Directors and Chamber President, this position requires
the utmost discretion and confidentiality.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Strong communications and public relations skills coupled with the ability to influence others in a positive manner
• Excellent writing, editing skills and problem-solving skills, as well as working knowledge of publication layout, design and graphics
• Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with others and to present ideas effectively, verbally and in writing
• Ability to manage multiple projects, meeting all deadlines, as well as strong verbal and
written communication skills, excellent public relation skills and exceptional attention to detail
• Considerable knowledge of modern office procedures; ability to operate general office
equipment, including word processing, database, spreadsheet, desktop faxing, Internet and email applications
• Possession of a valid driver’s license
The preceding qualifications are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience
could provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform this job. Other duties as assigned.
Please submit your completed application (in person or by mail), along with your references and your resume to:
Rosemary Weeks, Chamber President
Oak Grove Christian Retirement Village
221 W. Division Rd.